Time & Location
Sep 24, 2022, 9:00 AM
North Ridge Country Club, 7600 Madison Ave, Fair Oaks, CA 95628, USA
About the event
First Annual “Sheryl Sorem Scramble For Charity” – September 24th, 2022
$150 Buy-In Per Person – Includes one raffle ticket and dinner
Limit 20 teams – Tees times will be in the Proprietary times between 9:30am and 11am.
Format - 2-person Scramble:
- You can pick your own team.
- We will use your “index” as of September 15th to establish your handicap and tees
- All “A” Players with a index of 4.9 and below will play from the Red/White combo tees
- All “A” Players with a index of 5 – 14.9 will play from the White tees
- All “A” Players with a index of 15 and over will play from the Orange combo tees
- All “B” Players with a index of 4.9 and below will play from the White tees
- All “B” Players with a index of 5 – 14.9 will play from the Orange tees
- All “B” players with a index over 15 will play from the Blue tees
- All women will play from the silver tees
- Each player must use a minimum of 5 drives.
- Each team with a combined handicap of 10 or less will receive 35% of the combined handicap’s
- Each team with a combined handicap of 11 – 29 will receive 25% of the combined handicap’s
- Each team with a combined handicap of 30 or more will receive 15% of the combined handicap’s
- One club length, stay in the same lie
- Double bogey max for all teams
- Please use a cart to speed up play
- Breakfast sandwiches will be provided generously donated by Eric Mason and Chick-fil-A
There will be 2 winning teams.
- One “gross” winning team
- One “net” winning team
- 2nd place “net” winning team will receive (each person) a one-night stay at the Kimpton Sawyer Hotel Sacramento with free valet parking
- The last place team (net) will receive 5 extra raffle tickets each person
- Ties will be broken by back 9 score, then front nine score, then #1 handicap and so on
Each winning team will be able to choose from the following:
- Cache Creek– Accommodations for two (2 rooms) for one night at Cache Creek to include Golf for two at Yocha Dehe Golf Club and dinner in the Steakhouse ($200 credit)
- Silverado Resort Napa - Accommodations for two (2 rooms) for one night with golf for two
Par 3 Contest:
- If your adjusted handicap is a Plus+ to 10 handicap - Par 3’s – Closet to the pins on holes 8 and 17 will receive a $100.00 credit in the golf shop plus five extra raffle tickets
- If your adjusted handicap is a 11 and above - Par 3’s – Closet to the pins on holes 3 and 11 will receive a $100.00 credit in the golf shop plus five extra raffle tickets
- All golfers - Par 3 – Closet to the pin on hole 6 will receive a $100.00 credit in the golf shop plus five extra raffle tickets.
- Handicaps will be calculated will be from the tees you are playing
- Any team that gets a natural eagle will get there team names put into a hat
- We will pick one winner and each person in the team will receive 5 raffle tickets
- If we do not have any eagles, we will put all teams into a hat and pick one winning team
- The prizes will include many hotel stays throughout the country and other items
- If you play in the golf tournament, the entry fee will include 1 raffle ticket
- If you want to buy more, they will be $25.00 each or 5 for $100.00 or 20 for $250.00 or 50 for $500.00
- If you can’t make the dinner, you can still win a raffle prize as all raffle tickets will have there name on it.
All of the proceeds from this will go to the four charities below:
1. Sheryl had a very rare type of cancer called “Metastatic Neuroendocrine Cancer”. Only 12,000 people get this rare type of cancer each year and most do not survive and after diagnosis. Most only have a few months to live like Sheryl did. I want to honor Sheryl by donating to this charity. The Neuroendocrine Tumor Research Foundation (NETRF). “The mission of the Neuroendocrine Tumor Research Foundation is to fund research to discover cures and more effective treatments for neuroendocrine cancers” - 30% of the proceeds will go to this charity
2. Fund for Rob Freitas. As you all know by now, Rob was diagnosed with Stage 3 Hodgkin’s Lymphoma. We (the Northridge Family) are going to help him out with expenses - 30% of the proceeds will go to Rob.
3. Liam’s memorial in the garden by the 18th tee box and new toys for the new puppy - 20% of the proceeds will go to this
4. The Eddie Le Barron Golf Scholarship Fund - 20% of the proceeds will go to this charity
Golf, 1 Raffle Ticket, Dinner
Includes one raffle ticket + dinner$150.00+$3.75 service fee
Includes entry for dinner. Heavy appetizers, pizza, non-hosted bar. Does not include raffle ticket or round of golf. • Live auction item - A trip to the beautiful Sunriver Resort in Oregon to include hotel stays or Airbnb house and golf for 4 at the World Famous Crosswater Golf Club • Live auction item - 4-night vacation in Key West with airfare (coach) graciously donated by Bill Delgado and Heather and I am donating the airfare$50.00+$1.25 service fee
Single Raffle Ticket$25.00+$0.63 service fee
Five (5) Raffle Tickets$100.00+$2.50 service fee
Twenty (20) Raffle Tickets$250.00+$6.25 service fee
Fifty (50) Raffle Tickets$500.00+$12.50 service fee